WE ARE SOLUTIONS FOCUSED!
Veterans Institute of Training and Technology (VITT) is a non-profit corporation organized under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code headquartered in Alexandria Virginia. VITT’s program is no cost to both veterans and their dependents.
The VITT Team is composed of former military personnel, disabled veterans, IT professionals, and HR professionals who have work experience in the Federal and private sectors.
Our Program Goals
VITT’s goals are to equip veterans and their dependents with practical skills in the information technology field that will ensure their employability.
Complementary goals are:
• Increase the number of CISCO certifications held by veterans and their dependents
• Decrease the unemployment rate of veterans within our servicing communities
• Extend training to other areas that are hubs for wounded warrior treatment facilities
VITT instructors are Cisco-certified and able to deliver many of the Cisco training platforms. VITT offers:
• Cisco Certified Network Associate Certification (CCNA)
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
• Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
• Project Management Professional (PMP)
• Introduction to Telecommunications
• Satellite Communications Systems
• Voice-Over-IP Technology
• Wireless Technologies
• Microsoft Back Office Suite
VITT course lengths range from 4 weeks to 10 weeks.
Additionally, VITT offers training and assistance to participants on understanding the federal employment hiring process and applying for jobs in both the Federal and private sectors. VITT facilitates career fair events specific to the skills of our participants and advocates for industry job placement.
VITT’s program is open to:
• Veterans assigned to the Wounded Warrior Transition Units
• Veterans with orders to retire or separate within six months of course
• Unemployed Veterans that possess a DD214
• Dependents of Veterans that can provide a DD1172 or possess a valid military dependent ID card
Please contact us for additional information on our course dates and enrollment.
|1998 – 1998||Provided training to Clearfield Job Corps to the 96th Regional Support Command, Salt Lake City, Utah|
|2002 – 2007||Established an official Certified Cisco Academy at 311th Theater Signal Command, Fort Meade, Maryland|
|2014 – 2014||Conducted a Cisco pilot based program with Operation First Response in Culpeper, Virginia|
|2015 – Present||Conducted CCENT/CCNA Training to Army Wounded Warrior (AW2), Warrior Transition Command (WTC) at the United Service Organizations (USO), Fort Belvoir, Virginia|
• As of February 2017 VITT has trained more than 150 veterans at the USO Warrior & Family Center, Ft. Belvoir, VA
• Conducted 7 training sessions with AW2 and USO
• Of those Participants who take the CCNA Exam 89% successfully passed